"I truly believe that the first stage of piano studies is the most important one in developing musicians. It's like planting a seed in the soil that could grow into a big tree or dry out and die in the ground."
- Anna Artobolevskaya
Slow but substantial approach to learning the art of piano playing.
This program uses a combination of the best innovations of 20th century methods and roots in the Russian technical approach. In this program, students will be introduced to musical concepts using fairy tale setting and characters. Through the series, the young minds are set on a journey through fictitious musical land, where they become friends with the inhabitants of the Magic Kingdom of Sounds.
☑︎IN FAIRYTALE, STUDENTS WILL:
‣ Develop an understanding and appreciation of music and piano playing through entertaining and logically interconnected stories.
‣ Learn the basic piano technique (arm motion, use of fingers, posture) through comprehensive analogies with the Fairy Tale characters and their adventures.
‣ Train and develop their musical ears through ear training exercises and theory activities.
‣ Learn musical notation
‣ Enhance rhythm skills through listening, clapping and marching.
‣ Learn wide range of pieces, folk tunes and easy classical examples to continue developing their taste in classical music, artistry and expression of performance.
LESSON DURATION: 30 or 45 minutes, depending on teacher's recommendation
PROGRAM DURATION: 1-2 years
PARENT ATTENDANCE: ✔️